Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Reflections on Christ and other sundry items

For two thousand years the world has felt the effects of the piercing of Christ...and yet it seems hopeless. I am watching people broken, living in fear, starving, angry, intoxicated by power, choosing sin over Love, empty, jealous, selfish, and ultimately sad and lonely. I am waiting for Redemption to ride in with His sword and slay the evil that seems to permeate every human soul. Where is my Jesus in the midst of this hell? And then I remember...He is not found in the roaring thunder, He is in the quiet whisper. His is in the gentle coo of a infant born with no notoriaty. And then I remember He doesn't do things my way and my hope for a better world is crushed, the shards are planted, and the Spirit brings life from my brokenness. I am watching Him redeem through painful submission and glorious trust. I am watching the horizon break with warmth that overtakes the cold night. I am reminded that my tears won't stop until I am finally home. Until then, this is the land of my sojournings.

1 comment:

:: Shane :: said...

"I am reminded that my tears won't stop until I am finally home."

And now you are. I'm wondering what you're like now that you're with the Father and I'm encouraged to read your words here. They make so much more sense to me now than they did when I read them a couple years ago. Thank you for writing them and sharing with us a bit of who you are before you left.

Seth and Lydia turn 6 today. We sure miss you here.